Manager SHY Halifax
Uriel MacGillivary, SHY Founder
live well → work well
Work-Life Balance: Make It Your Business!
Founder of Shanti Hot Yoga (SHY), Uriel MacGillivary knows first-hand about the stresses of holding a corporate management position, travel, and the demands of raising a family entrenched in team sports. It was go, go go during those years. Although leading a healthy active lifestyle something was missing.
“ I was tired of staring at the equipment at the gym and counting repetitions in my head. Yoga practice allowed me to be present in the moment and taught me how to breathe. Immediately my family and co-workers noticed the positive changes. I became calmer and more effective at making decisions at work. My work productivity and creativeness increased and my stress levels decreased.
Seven years and three yoga studios later, Uriel is excited to offer HRM businesses a solution that hits right at the heart of work-life balance!
Yoga is a solution to the top three health reasons why employees miss work!
- Yoga calms the busy mind, promotes clear decision making and restful sleep.
- Reaction to stressful situations is improved through breath awareness and meditation techniques.
- Yoga develops feelings of well-being and positive thoughts.
Life Style Illnesses
Cardiovascular | Diabetes | Obesity
- Yoga increases the heart rate, improves circulation and reduces high blood pressure.
- Yoga increases metabolism, burns fat, and builds a strong body from head to toe.
- Yoga reduces stress which may make blood glucose levels more manageable.
Muscle & Joint Pain
- Yoga improves balance, strength, and coordination.
- Yoga lengthens muscles & increases range of motion.
- Yoga keeps your joints flexible and healthy.
- Yoga reduces back pain and improves posture.
“ Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open. ~ B.K.S. Iyengar
Return on investment
Reduced absenteeism | Improved work performance | Decreased health insurance premiums
Employers who promote yoga as part of their wellness initiatives are providing preventative health alternatives and the payoff is huge. Yoga is a holistic approach to a healthy body and a healthy mind and it directly improves stress levels, the number one health risk for Canadian Companies.
Yoga is accessible to everyone
You don’t need knowledge or experience to practice Yoga. Classes are designed for all levels and abilities. Working at your own pace, your practice is supervised by an experienced teacher inspired to provide a unique personal experience to every student.click here to learn more about our experienced teachers
Shanti Yoga Studios
Serving HRM Communities
- Three locations in HRM
- Local family owned studios
- Professionally designed eco-studios
- 12,000 SQ feet of space with 5 practice rooms
- Beautifully appointed change rooms with rain head showers, custom millwork, and amenities.[click here to take a tour of the studios]
- 130 classes per week + workshops, meditation, prenatal, yoga for youth, mom and baby classes
- Class diversity to suit all levels of ability [click here for class types]
- 50-minute noon classes available at each location to fit lunch-time schedules
- Tea service
- Towel & mat service
“ Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients. ~ Richard Branson
Did you know?
- 75% of workplace productivity losses are related to lifestyle choices.
- Job-related stress costs Canadian Companies an estimated $33 Billion annually in lost productivity, causing health benefit plans to increase in costs.
Are you an Administrator of your companies Health & Wellness Program?
If so, please fill out the form below to receive more information regarding our Corporate yoga offerings.
Are you an employee who would like their employer to join our Corporate Yoga Program?
If so, contact your administrator and refer them to our website, or provide your company name to us and let us do the work, we’ll contact your company directly.
Show your Interest
“ Employers have the power to create a culture of health consciousness and it’s good business to do so ” ~ Uriel MacGillivary